Friday, December 21, 2007

does dark chocolate count as sweets?

I’m a (recovering) sugar addict, and am trying to make it through the holiday season with a minimum amount of sweets. I had a lot on Wednesday so I’m hoping to abstain until Christmas Eve (and then binge.) But the cravings are setting in, and I’m trying not to think about a container of Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans sitting on the shelf just inches from the computer…

About this time I begin to have a theological debate within myself. Did God predestine me to eat chocolate everyday? In my struggle against sin, is it my will-power or the holy spirit that prevails (or the chocolate?) Why doesn’t the bible give us exact answers about these deep questions? And the really big one- does dark chocolate count as ‘sweets’?

Did you notice how many of my posts revolve around food?

3 comments:

On a fools hope said...

Atleast during my pregnancy I am deeming Dark Choclate an unsweet. It is instead a nutritional snack. Oh and heres something i learned from Nigela Lawson, You can eat three fingers width of (dark)chocolate a day and it won't hurt. So i am sure the xpresso beans would be acceptable. There don't you feel better?

Phvern said...

thank you! thank you!

munch munch...

On a fools hope said...

I am jealous of the black tree!!!And the pineapple! We went treeless this year but next year I will be shopping for a black one:)