Wednesday, October 10, 2007

opening day

Well, I've taken the plunge and started a blog. It seems silly and self-focused in a lot of ways. But also a good way to journal (something I've always meant to do but without much success).

I'm recuperating from a week-long bout of the flu. I had begun to despair of ever fully recovering and was making plans to live my life dizzy, exhausted, and unproductive. That last part was the most difficult- like many Americans, I judge my life by how much I do. It was a good reminder to once again change my perspective, and remember that a good day is one in which I better worship God, rather than completing a mammoth list of housework and other worthy but often distracting activities.

This blog is interrupted by my children's incesssant and unreasonable demands for food :)

No comments: