Saturday, January 12, 2008

We bought a Brand New Car today

The stork is bringing it from Car Heaven, and it should be here in a couple/few weeks.

Buying a car is something we have been considering for almost a year now. We’ve been pretty fickle about it, and it was good to just bite the bullet and do it. My struggle has been (as always) the hatred of spending money. But we have gone four years on one vehicle, and would like to make that vehicle last a few more years, rather than continuing to pile on the mileage. So we got a little Yaris for David to scoot back and forth to work, and I’ll have the van (another Toyota product) for me to be a ‘soccer mom’. (Actually, it’s more like a ‘library, zoo, gardens, and various homeschool activities mom’.)

We love Toyotas, btw, and hardly even considered anything else. Our Sienna has almost 100,000 miles and so far we’ve had one major repair. Wow. We keep the oil changed, bought new tires, and that’s about it. We do need to take it in for new belts, since those are supposed to be changed at the 90,000 mile mark, but other than that…it’s impressive.

Anyway, we’re financing the little blue wonder, which also makes me shudder, since debt stresses me out. But, well, that’s life. Gotta pay for our pleasures.

1 comment:

On a fools hope said...

We have a Kia and well , so far not that impressed. If I could get by without a vehicle I would, I hate the debt as well.