Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I WANT CHOCOLATE!

Not sure why. Just craving the stuff. Already ate a few pieces of dark chocolate, and I don’t have anything more in the house, so I’ll just have to deal with the cravings.

Why are Tuesdays so much better than Mondays? I think there are some deep psychological truths here that we are missing as a society. Yesterday, I was ready to throw in the towel of life, and move to another planet under an assumed name and a recreated past. Today, I am upbeat, enthusiastic, optimistic, and for the most part, the kids are too. The only external differences between yesterday and today are the weather (yesterday was nicer) and the calendar. Perhaps I will try calling Mondays ‘Tuesday’, and treating our schoolwork and our schedule as if it were Tuesday. I’ll let you know if it works out!

2 comments:

2WeeMonsters said...

We take Mondays "off". Sure there are things that would be nice if they got done but for the most part it's a free pass, flex-day :) And then Tuesdays are back to normal. Cause, yeah, we're supposed to rest on Sundays but in our house that isn't really possible... especially not recently.

Phvern said...

a good idea. we take wed. 'off' for the women's study, and I can't afford to take two days a week off. However, I can certainly do 'lite' on Mondays, rather than trying to catch up with everything that didn't happen over the wknd. Sigh. we're just too busy!