Thursday, March 5, 2009

Simultaneously Counting My Blessings and Updating My Blog

I am actually determined to update my blog more often. I am just amazed at how quickly time passes... has it really been almost two weeks since my last update? Well, anyway.

As I think over this winter that now is rapidly moving into Spring, I have to shake my head and say: wow, we are blessed. Things aren't always perfect (to say the least) but our lives are interesting and full of goodness- and change.

David has recently been working with Sylvester on some artistic endeavors. This has been a great opportunity for him to use some talents he hasn't had a chance to exercise in a long time, not to mention just having a great time with that enormous goofball Sylvester (and no, that's not a reference to Syl's girth.  I swear.)

Charlotte is half-way thru her senior year... wow. She has been in numerous art shows this year, and been recognized in several for her excellent work.

I have gotten a job (because I didn't have enough to do already). This was partly because of the real possibility of David's company crumbling (it's going through Ch. 11) and partly because the job is really perfect for me- coordinating a community garden in our own ghetto- I mean- formally blighted urban area.  It's mostly management, which is my strongpoint, and can include my precocious children.  Plus, what is better in life than gardening!?

School is going great too- the kids are at a point where they hardly complain about anything I ask them to do, and frequently teach themselves. Even India is learning to read with hardly any effort on my part.  The kids are getting along well (typical sibling stuff but nothing too insane) and maturing well. 

I feel very unworthy of these many blessings.

1 comment:

On a fools hope said...

You sound pleasently busy, it sounds good. WE too are pleasently busy. Hattie went to her first ever brownie meeting and had a blast...unfortunately they are out for the summer but shell start full swing in the fall. Schooling is good here and Hattie is doing more independent study which leaves me time to watch Odin try to escape out the door:) Schooling with a crawler is interesting...as I am sure you have experienced again and again and again (or is it 4 agains?):)