Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Quotes I Like (imperfectly paraphrased as I was too lazy to look up the sources)

“As I write this, highly civilized men are flying overheard, trying to kill me.” George Orwell

“I fear that I am ordinary, just like everyone.” Billy Corgan

“I refuse to be caught in the middle of a territorial dispute between mythical creatures.” the character Bella, from Stephanie Meyer’s novel Eclipse

“He who steals my purse steals nothing- it is trash.” Iago, from Othello

“The door is open, sir, there lies the way. You may be jogging til your boots are green. As for me, I’ll stay my leisure. I see a woman may be made a fool, had she not the spirit to resist!” Katarina, from the Taming of the Shrew

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" Monty Python and the Flying Circuses

“Come to me, all you who are weary, and I will give you rest.” Christ

No comments: